We had not planned on going anywhere for exploration for the rest of the year, but a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity arose for us (the adult half of The Traveling Richters) to dine at the famed elBulli restaurant in Spain and personally meet famed chef Ferran Adrià, so we have wrapped an expedition to explore parts of Spain around that event.
- Sept. 29 – Oct. 1, 2010 – San Sebastian & Bilbao, Spain
- Oct. 1 – 2, 2010 – Toulouse, France. Just passing through southern France
- Oct. 2 – 4, 2010 – Roses, Costa Brava, Spain
- Oct. 4 – 5, 2010 – Zaragoza, Spain
- Oct. 5 – 8, 2010 – Madrid, Alcala de Henares, and Toledo, Spain
And we’ll be home just in time for our country to change on 10-10-10. We stay on the same island, of Bonaire, but the country of the Netherlands Antilles will be dissolved on 10-10-10, and Bonaire will become a municipality of The Netherlands.
Jake also will be traveling to the U.S. later in the year for work, but otherwise, no other travel after the trip to Spain is planned.