The case Jake was working on in Dallas settled a few days ago, so instead of spending the next five weeks together in Dallas while Jake worked, The Traveling Richters have instead opted to go traveling together and make up for the many months Jake has been apart from the rest of the family in the U.S. for business and research.
The original travel options included Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Australia, Greece, Turkey, Russia, South Africa, and Scandinavia. However, we opted for something more unusual… a road trip through middle America.
On Monday morning we set forth from Dallas on an exploration of parts of northeastern Texas, northern Arkansas, the entertainment Mecca of Branson, Missouri, Tenneesse, and ultimately the Atlanta area of Georgia. None of us has previously spent any real amount of time in these states, so we hope to see and learn all sorts of different things.
Here’s our itinerary:
- August 15-17 – Dallas, Texas
- August 17-18 – Texarkana, Texas
- August 18-19 – Fort Smith, Arkansas
- August 19-26 – Branson, Missouri
- August 26-28 – Little Rock, Arkansas
- August 28-31 – Memphis, Tennessee
- August 31 – September 4 – Nashville, Tennessee
- September 4-6 – Chattanooga, Tennessee
- September 6-8 – Braselton, Georgia
- September 8-12 – Atlanta (Buckhead), Georgia
If any of you reading this are in any of these areas, or en route between these places and have time to show us cool and interesting things around your neck of the woods, please let us know. We’d be happy to reciprocate with a meal at a restaurant you’d recommend.